Iakovos Photiades Foodstuff Suppliers Ltd (hereafter referred to as "Company", "We" or "Us") is the Controller of your personal data and with this notice we would like to inform you that we respect your rights and in particular your right to the protection of your personal data. Our vision and mission is to maintain a high level of personal data protection and security, to make sure that you know how we use your personal data, which you are rights are and how you can exercise them.
We have created this Privacy Notice as a mean to achieve our vision and mission.
Below we provide you with all the necessary information to make sure that you know what, how and why we are processing your personal data, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of data which we collect when you interact with us in our stores, on our websites and on the pages we maintain on social media.
Our products and services are subject to constant growth. For this reason, we may modify or supplement this privacy notice from time to time and we will publish any modified versions of it on our sites. In such a case, we will provide and / or otherwise make available to you a copy of the modified Privacy Notice. However, we encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to remain informed of how we use your personal data.
2. What data we collect, how and for what purposes
In order to provide you with the opportunity to participate in the Shop & Win loyalty card program, when you fill in the registration form, we collect your identification and contact details, in particular your name, surname, date of birth, your place of residence, your e-mail and phone number, registration date, signature, and gender. We also collect transactional data when you use your loyalty card to credit and redeem points and to provide privileges.
In order for us to be able to register you in the Shop & Win loyalty card program, it is necessary to provide us with your personal data, so if you do not wish to provide to us your personal data, we inform you that we will not be able to register you in the program.
Furthermore, in order to maintain contact with you, we use your contact details to respond to your inquiries and requests or for marketing purposes and to promote our products and offers. Also, we process your personal data to analyze customer behavior and for statistical research purposes in order to develop and improve our products and services.
In our stores a closed-circuit television surveillance system is installed for customer and employee security purposes, prevention of criminal offenses and for the protection of our facilities and products. So, when you visit our stores we collect footage of the closed video surveillance system.
Occasionally, competitions are organized by our Company. In order to participate in a competition, whether it is in our stores, or it is on the internet or on social media, it is necessary to collect some personal data before you can participate in the competition. Therefore, when you participate in a competition, we collect identification and contact details such as your name, surname, email account and your phone number. In order to be able to participate in the competition, it is necessary to provide your personal information, thus in the case you do not wish to provide us with your personal data, we inform you that you will not be able to participate in it.
3. Why do we process your personal data and what are our legal bases
A processing is considered lawful only when there is a legal basis.
In order to process your personal data, we use the following legal bases:
3.1. Performance of contract:
4. Sharing your personal data
• Processes relating to the provision of services and privileges in the context of the registration, acquisition and management of the Foodsaver Shop & Win loyalty card program.
• Processes related to competitions.
• We process your personal data for marketing purposes and for analyzing your consumer behavior, in order to better understand your needs and deliver products that meet your expectations.
3.3. Legitimate interests:
• The Closed-circuit television surveillance system works on the basis of the legitimate interests we seek. These legitimate interests are the security of you, our customers, our facilities, products and our employees.
• We periodically conduct market research on the basis of our legitimate interests to improve our products and services.
• When a complaint is made, our legitimate interests are to handle your complaint and resolving the dispute.
• We run campaigns and we communicate on the basis of our legitimate interests to promote our products and services.
• We are conducting processes to manage and develop our business activities, including the improvement of our products and services based on our economic interests.
In order to be able to provide you with the best services, offers and products, we use specialized service providers to whom we may transfer your personal data so that we can communicate with you or provide you with our services and / or products. We only select providers who can ensure a high level of security and protection of our customers' personal data. For example, we use the platforms offered by Mailchimp and Golden Telemedia so we can communicate with you, send you commercial communication, offers and other marketing material.
We may proceed with transfers to third countries outside European Union. In such cases, we will proceed with the transfer only if the conditions set out in data protection laws are met, for example if there is an adequacy decision meaning that the third country ensures an adequate level of protection. In the absence of such decision we use appropriate safeguards such as binding contracts with third parties (standard data protection clauses). Also, transfers of personal data to the USA are carried out in the basis of EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. If you wish to obtain further information for the appropriate safeguards or the mechanisms, we use to transfer personal data to third countries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Retention period of personal data
We only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the above purposes.
• If you signed up as a member of the Shop & Win loyalty program, we will store your personal data for the duration of your remaining membership. However, if your loyalty card is inactive for 5 consecutive years, you will automatically be deleted from the Foodsaver Shop & Win loyalty program and your personal data will be deleted from our database securely.
6. Security of processing of your personal data
• Your contact details that we use for commercial communication purposes will be processed until the day you withdraw your consent or until you object to the processing.
• We will also process your personal data for the purpose of analyzing customer behavior either until you withdraw your consent or until you object to the processing.
• Personal data collected and processed during Competitions are kept until the draw and the election of the winner and then are destroyed.
• The video footage we collect from the closed-circuit television surveillance system is maintained for a period of 2 months and then is destroyed.
Knowing our responsibility when processing your personal data, we implement appropriate policies, rules, and technical security measures to ensure a high level of security and protection of your personal data from unauthorized access, inappropriate use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your end equipment (i.e. a computer or mobile device) when visiting certain websites. BGEE may use similar technologies, such as pixels, web beacons, etc. For the purpose of consistency, all these technologies will hereafter be referred to as ‘cookies’.
Why are cookies used?
Cookies can be used for various purposes. Cookies could be required to make the website function properly. For example, without cookies it would be hard to remember that you have registered for a website, or which products you’ve added to your shopping cart. These cookies are called functional cookies. Cookies can also be used to analyse the use of a website, record the number of visitors or to find out how the website could be improved upon. We will not link the website statistics and other reports to the individual users. These cookies are called analytical cookies. In addition, cookies are used for social media to enable their integration into the website. This makes it possible to immediately like or share a page or product on your favourite social media platform. A fourth important application of cookies is online advertising. This allows for personalised ads that could be relevant or of interest to you, both in and outside our website. This is done with the aid of cookies for (targeted) advertising.
Managing or disabling cookies in your browser
You can manage your cookie settings in your browser. If you simply disable all cookies or all our cookies in your browser settings, certain parts or functions of our website(s) may not work anymore, as we can no longer use the cookies that are required for the proper operation of the website. You can find more information on disabling cookies or managing your browser's cookie settings below:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-websitepreferences
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allowcookies
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471
8. Your rights
In addition to the above, we inform you that you have the following rights in relation to your personal data that you can exercise at any time. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. You will receive information on whether we hold personal data about you and, if so why we use it . Also, this allows you to obtain a copy of the personal data .
- Ask for rectification of the personal data we hold for you. This enables you to correct any shortcomings or inaccuracies that we have about your data.
- Ask for the deletion of your personal data. This allows you to ask from us to delete your personal data where there is no reason to continue processing it.
- Object to the processing of your personal data where we rely on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to the processing on this basis.
- Object to the automated decision-making including profiling.
- Ask to restrict the processing of your personal information. This allows you to ask us to interrupt the processing of your personal data and restrict the use of your personal data. This right can be exercised under certain circumstances, for example when you contested the accuracy of your personal data.
- Require the transfer of your personal data in a structured and commonly used and machine-readable format to you or to another person (commonly known as the "data portability" right).
- Withdrawal of consent. In cases where you have consented to a particular processing activity, you have right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the legitimacy of the processing before the withdrawal of your consent.
- Submit a complaint to the Supervisory Authority. If you are concerned about any aspect of our privacy practices, including how we handle your personal information, you can report it to the appropriate Supervisory Authority.
Please bear in mind that some of the above rights may not be applicable in all cases.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or fill in the relevant form that you will find in our stores.
9. Contact Information
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or you want to exercise your rights as outlined above or you wish to file a complaint, please contact us:
i. by sending e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ii. or calling us at 7000 3663 (office hours)
iii. or by completing the relevant form that you will find in our stores.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer directly at email@example.com.
If you do not receive a satisfactory response from us or in any case you can immediately file your complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner using the following link http://www.dataprotection.gov.cy.